A historian 50 years from now, if historians are allowed to write in this country and if there are still free publishing houses and a free press, which I’m not certain of. But if that is true, a historian will say, what was at stake tonight and this week was the fact whether we will be a democracy in the future, whether our children will be arrested and conceivably killed. We’re on the edge of a brutal authoritarian system, and it could be a week away.
November 3, 2022
NBC historian warns of a future where ‘our children will be arrested and conceivably killed’ if GOP wins
Is this the same GOP which (sometimes) wants to:
- Reduce government power
- Require presidents to get approval of congress to change the law
- Enable ordinary people to own and purchase weapons to protect themselves from individual criminals as well as criminal governments
- Enable free speech on social media
It would appear one or more of the following is true about Mr. Beschloss:
- He is living in an alternate reality and only makes guest appearances here
- He is using some military grade mind altering drugs
- He is deliberately engaged in a “The Big Lie” propaganda effort
- Hi is engaged in the projection of his and his fellow political travelers intentions toward the GOP.
I considered adding “extreme hyperbola” to make a point, but multiplying realty by 10, 100, or 1,000 times only results in a larger vector pointing in the wrong direction from what he claims.
This is the kind of rhetoric used to justify mass killings and even genocide.
The election is only four days away. Prepare and respond appropriately.—Joe]