You want to be a protective spouse, a concerned parent, a good citizen, a patriotic American? Save your family and your community from danger by getting rid of your weapons, and especially your handguns. Don’t wait for the law. Do it yourself; do it now. Do it because you just bought your first home, do it because you just got married, do it because you just had the baby you cherish more than anything in this world. The gun you trust against your fears is itself the thing you should fear. The gun is a lie.
As more Americans recognize the lie, they may notice a powerful new possibility. Once emancipated from the false myth of the home-protecting gun, they will find it easier to write laws and adopt policies to stop the criminals and zealots who carry guns into the streets. Win enough elections, and the federal courts will retreat from their sudden gun advocacy—and return to their historic deference to state regulation of firearms.
September 1, 2021
How to Persuade Americans to Give Up Their Guns
[Frum needs to review the 2nd Amendment and the Heller decision.
Then he needs to read some books on the risk of not owning firearms and the ethics of restricting firearms ownership. I would like to suggest:
- Nation of Cowards: Essays on the Ethics of Gun Control by Jeff Snyder (REQUIRED)
- Lethal Laws by Jay Simkin
- Gun Control -: Gateway to Tyranny: The Nazi Weapons Law 18 March 1938 by Aaron S. Zelman
- Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland by Christopher R. Browning
- Hitler’s Willing Executioners: Ordinary Germans and the Holocaust by Daniel Jonah Goldhagen
- The Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang
Then, if he is still in the persuasive mood, I’d be glad to introduce him to the power of the word “No.” backed up by 100 million determined gun owners with their own means of persuasion.—Joe]