We are expected to accept Goddard as some kind of expert on our rights–as having some unique insight about how to legitimately infringe on that which shall not be infringed–not because of extensive study on his part of Constitutional law (his major was international studies), but because he was shot. When he argues that continuing the mandated defenselessness policies on college campuses is necessary for safety (despite how poorly that worked at VA Tech and elsewhere), we are similarly asked to accept that he is an “expert” on the subject, not because of his extensive training in self-defense (which I have never seen claimed), but again because he was shot. By that standard, I suppose everyone who survives a heart attack is now a cardiologist.
November 15, 2010
‘Gun control’ gets a new poster boy
[Oh! I like this game:
- Everyone who has ever been in an automobile wreck is now a traffic safety engineer.
- Everyone who has ever had their computer crash is now a software developer.
- Everyone who has ever been divorced now is an expert on relationships.
- Everyone who has ever failed a class is now a professor.
- Everyone who has ever said something stupid is now a genius.