Here are a sample of the stories.
- Suspect arrested in Pennsylvania in connection with killing of U of Idaho students
- Suspect in killings of 4 Idaho college students arrested in the Poconos
- Police reportedly arrest man in Pennsylvania connected to Idaho murders
- Suspect in killings of Idaho college students arrested in Pennsylvania
- Idaho murders: 28-year-old man arrested in Pennsylvania, sources say
- Person linked to University of Idaho slayings is taken into custody
The new information is essentially the same in all articles:
A 28-year-old man, Bryan Kohberger, was arrested Friday morning in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains in connection with the murders of four University of Idaho students, law enforcement sources told ABC News.
Sources said that authorities knew who they were looking for and had tracked Kohberger down to Pennsylvania.
A SWAT team entered the location where he was staying in order to take him into custody Friday. Kohberger appeared before a judge Friday morning.
Moscow police officers, members of Idaho State Police, Moscow city leaders and University of Idaho officials will hold a news conference at 1 p.m. local time Friday.
It will be interesting to find out how they came to suspect and track him to Pennsylvania. One of the stories suggest it was the white car:
But the case broke open after law enforcement asked the public for help finding a white sedan seen near the home around the time of the killings. The Moscow Police Department made the request Dec. 7, and by the next day had to direct tips to a special FBI call center because so many were coming in.
I wonder if I was close to the target with my suggestions.
A Ph.D. student by the same name is listed in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology at Washington State University, which is a short drive across the state line from the University of Idaho. Messages seeking more information were left for officials at WSU.