It’s not a natural right
If it was it won’t have to do anything with any well regulated militias
Founding fathers did pass some laws regulating guns
Many gun laws existed during their lifetime
None was struck down as unconstitutional
And they never complained about these laws
Tweeted on April 16, 2022
[Someone needs to be fisked.
- SCOTUS disagrees. See U S v Cruikshank.
- Wrong. See above, United States v. Miller, and D.C. v. Heller.
- Citation needed. And it doesn’t count in DanaLay’s favor if they cite the laws requiring people to own guns and/or ammunition.
- Citation needed.
- There have been many gun laws struck down as unconstitutional although I’m not certain they were within the lifetime of the founders. This is particularly true if DanaLay is unable to cite laws restricting firearms during founders’ lifetime. See Supreme Court Gun Cases: Two Centuries of Gun Rights Revealed for details.
- Citation needed. This is particularly true if DanaLay is unable to cite laws restricting firearms during the founders’ lifetime.
One has to assume such a large quantity of deliberate ignorance to arrive at such a statement that Occam’s Razor pushes us to conclude it is an evil lie rather than ignorance.—Joe]