Things you don’t hear:
- When someone has an accident while driving drunk: Where did they get their booze?
- When someone dies from lung cancer: Where did they get their cigarettes?
- When someone won’t let their kids be immunized for religious reasons: Where did they get their Bible?
- When someone robs a bank: where did they get the getaway car?
- When someone goes free when everyone is pretty sure they committed the crime: Where did they get their lawyer?
Well… Maybe you will hear that last question. But it’s because people want to make a note of it in case they need a good lawyer someday.
So why, in a free society, after a crime was committed with a gun would someone seriously ask, “Where did they get their gun?”
I can only think of two reasons. Either they don’t think we have a free society or they don’t want us to have a free society.