I was going through my list of unprocessed suggestions for blog posts and found this one from almost six years ago. The outline is:
- You don’t believe you are capable of being skilled
- You don’t know what skill looks like
- You don’t have a goal
- You don’t have adequate training
- You aren’t surrounded with people who are better than you
- You have poor physical conditioning
- You aren’t willing to fail
- You aren’t using the proper equipment
- Your shooting range is inadequate
Read the whole thing for some good insights.
She didn’t say this in the article but my guess is the order is by priority of things to work on for the average person.
My excuse isn’t listed. I haven’t been going to the range or matches enough. I have my own range well suited to the type of shooting I want to get better at but it’s 300+ miles from where I currently live.