The Brady Campaign has a few different Twitter accounts:
- GunControlInc 29 following, 95 followers, 14 Tweets
- BradyCampaign (the account has been suspended due to strange activity)
- Bradybuzz 16 following, 42 followers, 10 Tweets
- PaulHelmke 0 following, 46 followers, 11 Tweets
- stopthenra 1 following, 120 followers, 0 Tweets
Compare that to a few gun bloggers:
- SebastianSH (Snowflakes in Hell) 73 following, 153 followers, 634 Tweets
- bitterb (Bitchin’ in the Kitchen) 104 following, 260 followers, 2938 Tweets
- sayuncleblog (Say Uncle) 0 following, 240 followers, 2948 Tweets
- bredafallacy (The Breda Fallacy) 72 following, 184 followers, 395 Tweets
- Ride_Fast (Ride Fast & Shoot Straight) 30 following, 96 followers, 738 Tweets
- n_r_ahab (Gun Nuts Media) 12 following, 177 followers, 265 Tweets
- chrisbyrne (The Anarchangel) 79 following, 76 followers, 861 Tweets
- JoeHuffman (The View From North Central Idaho) 18 following, 68 followers, 444 Tweets
In terms of followers I’m the least popular of the gun bloggers listed above and even I give the Brady Campaign a run for their money in raw numbers. Subtract out the pro-gun people following the Brady bunch and this professional organization with a multi-million dollars budget can barely keep pace with me hunkered down in my hidden, underground, bunker banging away on my keyboard in my spare time.
Now lets take a look at the NRA on Twitter:
- NRAblog (The NRA Blog) 757 following, 1610 followers, 2064 Tweets
- nranews (NRA News) 89 following, 10089 followers, 3421 Tweets
- NRAILA (NRA Institute for Legislative Action) 24 following, 1806 followers, 319 Tweets
- NRA_Rifleman (American Rifleman) 15 following, 500 followers, 166 Tweets
The Brady Campaign is the largest and most well known anti-gun organization in the U.S. and my daughter (18 following, 55 followers, 567 Tweets) is nearly as popular as they are. With that kind of following what sort of political pull do you think they have? Yeah, I think they know the answer too.
It’s no wonder people are suggesting it’s time for them to consider a fifth of Jack Daniels and a 30 count bottle of Ambien (see also the suggestions here and here).