I’ve been saying for years that, as far as I’m concerned, clothes only have two purposes:
Wearing clothes while sleeping always seemed silly to me. Now we have “experts” agreeing with what Dr. Joe has been saying for decades (I admit that I didn’t know or really think about the first three reasons):
- Sleeping naked lowers your body temperature, which helps stops you from waking up in the middle of the night.
- A lowered body temperature at night has also been found to help you burn calories while you sleep.
- For women, it helps prevent bacterial infections such as yeast infections.
- And it increases a man’s sperm production by keeping his scrotum at a specific temperature.
- When couples sleep naked, the skin-to-skin contact releases oxytocin in brain, also known as the ‘love hormone’.
- This strengthens their emotional bond and and increases trust within the relationship.
Sleeping naked and earthquakes don’t mix well…..
Why would I want increased trust in others? Why would I set myself up to face sudden danger naked?
The world is not so nice a place as for these to be wise ideas.
This article was little more than click bait which I found amusing. Don’t get too serious about this.
The number of times I have faced “sudden danger” while in bed is zero. And, for ubu52, this includes the several earthquakes I have been through. And I’m not sure what what good flannel PJs would do for me that would improve any situation the handgun and flashlight under my clothes beside the bed wouldn’t take care of. If someone lives in a combat zone then their situation is different.
You have a much different history with “trust” and personal relationships than I have. And I have a significantly different personality than you. I really, really, like the feeling of trust and of being close to someone. Why would you want to increase trust in someone? I don’t know. Maybe this isn’t for you. I don’t think it’s appropriate to generalize your situation to everyone anymore than it was for these “experts” to generalize.
Valid point on the fungus. What do you expect from someone writing a click bait article?
Also, yeast is a fungus.