I’ve been saying for years that, as far as I’m concerned, clothes only have two purposes:
Wearing clothes while sleeping always seemed silly to me. Now we have “experts” agreeing with what Dr. Joe has been saying for decades (I admit that I didn’t know or really think about the first three reasons):
- Sleeping naked lowers your body temperature, which helps stops you from waking up in the middle of the night.
- A lowered body temperature at night has also been found to help you burn calories while you sleep.
- For women, it helps prevent bacterial infections such as yeast infections.
- And it increases a man’s sperm production by keeping his scrotum at a specific temperature.
- When couples sleep naked, the skin-to-skin contact releases oxytocin in brain, also known as the ‘love hormone’.
- This strengthens their emotional bond and and increases trust within the relationship.