It’s certainly a bold ask, as the groups attached to this letter are blatantly requesting that Democrats not only have a monopoly on gun legislation, but to adopt a hardline position of legislating away at gun rights while also urging the public to relinquish said rights through persuasion via the bully pulpit.
August 29, 2021
Here it comes: Gun control groups pressure Biden to create firearm control office to bypass Senate
[Bold? Perhaps. Especially with President Biden is completely overwhelmed by other issues. But if gets even a little publicity and traction in leftist media it will move the Overton Window in the wrong direction.
Do your part to combat the continuing battle for mindshare.
- Come out of the closet as a gun owner.
- Take a newbie to the range.
- Get concealed carry licenses in many states (the numbers are frequently published and numbers matter).
- Responsibly carry when you can.
- Donate to organizations which support the Second Amendment (I donate thousands each year to SAF and FPC).
The Biden administration, deliberately or not, appears to be destroying the United States of America. Some of the individual states with low debt and a strong mindset of liberty appear to be the best hope for the future. Perhaps it is time to let the U.S. collapse.—Joe]