In identity politics, loyalty to race, ethnic group and gender often trump the claims of party. The diversity Democrats celebrate is one day going to pull their party apart, as the social, cultural and racial revolutions of the 1960s pulled apart the party of FDR and LBJ.
Patrick J. Buchanan
December 28, 2019
2020: Year of the Democrats? Maybe Not
[Via email from a reader.
It’s something to think about and act upon when the opportunities become available. The reader also suggested some possibilities to help with the conflict:
- Get prepping articles in left wing web sites. If there are left wing groups saying not so fast with gun control we win. We could write leftist views of the need to prep not emphasizing defense. Then send it to starving leftist writers to rework and publish (perhaps with a small payment). Once people think about prepping (e.g., lack of police protection) that defense will follow.
- Target selected identity groups that have natural conflicts with other groups. Eg. Jewish white women are not welcome at the women’s march.
- Target intergroup conflicts. For example, Muslim groups are inherently anti-gay. Lesbians don’t want to have sex with transwomen. Freedom for one means less freedom for others.
- Advocate for causes that will cause internal conflict within the left. Example pregnant women are being discriminated against by planned parenthood.
- Develop supporting memes.
The best defense is a good offense.—Joe]