The entire reason we have 300+ million guns to defend against is because decades-long efforts to stop this proliferation (mostly by Democrats) have been defeated by public officials (mostly Republicans) insisting that these efforts conflict with the Second Amendment. In this way, the Second Amendment is being used to solve the very problem that it was instrumental in creating.
March 22, 2018
The (Current) Gun-Control Debate Is Not Really About Gun Control
[Apparently Mr. Levy is unaware of a large number of facts that anyone with a firm grasp on reality knows, such as:
- Violent crime preceded the invention of guns.
- In the twenty century, tyrannical governments murdered tens of millions of their own citizens—who were first stripped of their right to keep and bear arms. And there was no country which respected the right to keep and bears arms and became a mortacracy.
- Gun control is the key to genocide.
- The number of privately owned guns in this country has been dramatically increasing in the last 20 years while the violent crime rate has been dramatically decreasing.
- The rights of the individual do not depend upon the good behavior of anyone else.
Hence, one has to conclude that Mr. Levy has crap for brains and/or is deliberately lying.—Joe]