I have been exchanging email with Chris Seidler who asked me to promote a rifle clinic in Nampa Idaho which Revere’s Riders is putting on. He is going to be promoting Boomershoot as the two events complement each other.
Here are the details of the AR event:
NRA America’s Rifle Challenge Clinic
June 24-25, Nampa ID Rifle Club Outdoor Range
Attendees will learn modern defensive shooting skills on the AR platform at an NRA America’s Rifle Challenge clinic. Woven throughout the event we will address elements of a personal security strategy as well as historical vignettes illustrating the use of the short range marksmanship in American history. Attendees will experience shooting in multiple firing positions at varying distances.
Firing in this course will be within 100 yards with a focus on the close quarters environment from 7 to 50 yards. An AR-15 type modern sporting rifle is ideal, but any semiautomatic magazine fed rifle is suitable.
Required equipment: Appropriate carbine, 400 rounds of ammunition, at least 2 and preferably 6 magazines, two point rifle sling.
PRE-REGISTER ONLINE: https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2017-jun-24-25-nampa-id/
· Shooting Fundamentals
· Standing, Kneeling, and Prone Positions
· Natural Point of Aim
· Sight Adjustments & Zeroing Procedures
· Vintage M1 Carbine WW2 Qualifier
Defensive Carbine Considerations
· Carbine Role in a Self-Defense Plan
· Mental Preparedness
· Carbine Ballistics Considerations
Short Range Marksmanship Skills
· Situational Awareness and Scanning
· Rapid Magazine Changes (Tactical Reloads)
· Short Range Marksmanship Techniques
· Clearing Malfunctions/Stoppages
· Emergency/Speed Reloads
· Special Subjects: Zeroing Carbines & Rifles, Carbine Trajectory and Zero Issues, Barricades, Movement, Firing from retention, Field Stripping & Cleaning the AR-15
· Carbine Skills Test
The clinic will be led by Revere’s Riders master instructor Christopher Seidler, a certified NRA rifle and personal protection instructor and chief range safety officer. He has coached at the CMP’s Small Arms Firing School at Camp Perry. Chris has deployed multiple times to Afghanistan including combat experience and led antiterrorism/force protection efforts; he currently instructs at the Air Force Weapons School.