By now you have heard about the terrible accident at the hands of a toddler, resulting in the death of his father. What more reason do we need to address the issue of gun control? Better yet, what greater example to envision a society where there are no guns…eliminating these types of accidents?
I can’t help but “go there” for a minute and think (putting this very, very unfortunate accident aside for a minute) how many lives would have been spared if there were no guns to end them. How would differences be settled? What other alternative would police officers take if it were not so easy to reach for their pistol and shoot a suspect?
Maybe we’d go back to the old days of man up…dukes up and fight it out.
I don’t recall many people dying from that, just bloody.
I don’t know about you, but I am sick and tired of people dying from being shot!
August 24, 2015
Toddler’s Fatal Shot of Dad Should Open Conversation About Greater Gun Control
[There are five things I find worth remembering from “brainuser1”.
1) This brainiac apparently can’t imaging there are tradeoffs in lives lost if there were no guns. If there were no guns then there would be only “lives spared”, not lives lost due to inability to defend innocent life.
2) The physically frail or even those just small of stature, in the view of this person, are not worthy of having a chance of defending themselves against large predators.
3) “People dying from being shot” is what is important. Not people dying from evil predators.
4) The specific enumerated right to keep and bear arms is not even on their radar screen.
5) Don’t ever let anyone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns.
Make that five and a half things… They have crap for brains.—Joe]