Alumni of the UC system should immediately cease wasting their charitable dollars on such an anti-intellectual, fascist institution. And any intelligent young person should avoid it like the plague. The system has clearly been captured by individuals with micro-brains possessing micro-tolerance and micro-confidence. It is–like too many institutions of “higher” learning–a place where critical thinking goes to die.
- “America is the land of opportunity”
- “America is a melting pot”
- “I believe the most qualified person should get the job.”
- “Affirmative action is racist.”
- “Everyone can succeed in this society, if they work hard enough.”
- “When I look at you, I don’t see color.”
- “I don’t believe in race.”
- “Gender plays no part in who we hire.”
And my favorite part is from the Fox News story on the training guide, “According to psychological and public health research, micro-aggressions can lead to negative health consequences including heart disease, diabetes, depression and substance abuse.”
Outward appearances suggest people that came up this must have solved all the other problems in their utopia and had to mine for nuggets in the world’s deepest mines to find the concept of “micro-aggressions” worthy of more than a few milliseconds of their time.
But Occam’s Razor tell us the simpler hypothesis is the most likely to be true. Therefore I have to conclude the real explanation is “crap for brains”.—Joe]