The Islamic State is committed to purifying the world by killing vast numbers of people. The lack of objective reporting from its territory makes the true extent of the slaughter unknowable, but social-media posts from the region suggest that individual executions happen more or less continually, and mass executions every few weeks. Muslim “apostates” are the most common victims.
What ISIS Really Wants: The Islamic State is no mere collection of psychopaths. It is a religious group with carefully considered beliefs, among them that it is a key agent of the coming apocalypse. Here’s what that means for its strategy—and for how to stop it.
[H/T to Sebastian.
Everything I read in this article is consistent with what I have read elsewhere about Islam. This includes but is not limited to the following books:
- Chechen Jihad
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Middle East (Politically Incorrect Guides)
- Children of Jihad: A Young American’s Travels Among the Youth of the Middle East
- Preachers of Hate: Islam and the War on America
- A History of the Middle Ages
- Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America
- Islam Unveiled: Disturbing Questions about the World’s Fastest-Growing Faith
- Hatred’s Kingdom: How Saudi Arabia Supports the New Global Terrorism
- The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World’s Most Intolerant Religion
- The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
Read the Atlantic article this QOTD came from. It will take you less than an hour and you’ll know 100% of what you need to know to make good decisions about them and 80% of what you need to know to understand them.—Joe]