Here’s a challenge for you. Explain inherent, inalienable, rights and extend the concept to the right to keep in bear arms.
Oh, and do it via a few Tweets to someone opposed to gun ownership.
Here is my attempt:
- @linoge_wotc @1StopCity “This is not a right granted … Neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence.”
- @linoge_wotc @1StopCity U.S. Supreme Court U S v Cruikshank http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=92&invol=542
- @linoge_wotc @1StopCity See also: http://blog.joehuffman.org/2006/12/13/an-individual-right/
- @1StopCity @linoge_wotc Agreed, no god(s). But right to exist does not require them. Right to self-defense derives from that.
- @1StopCity @linoge_wotc All life forms for all time have claimed a right to self-defense.
- @1StopCity @linoge_wotc Even by a standard of majority given rights a right to self defense exists.
- @1StopCity @linoge_wotc When you get a super majority vote that the right to self-defense does not exist then we can discuss #GunControl.