Recently I’ve been very busy with work and Boomershoot 2011 prep. Here is a partial list of the Boomershoot stuff I have done in the last week:
- Updated the number of guests and paid the deposit for the Boomershoot dinner on Saturday night (sign up here if you wish to attend)
- Confirmed we will have food available for the Sunday lunch from CD’s Smoke Pit and emailed the menu to Boomershoot participants
- Asked for confirmation of bloggers planning to attend “Media Day” (essentially zero this year so I’m going to cancel it)
- Handled several cancelations and sent out one refund (the others wanted to be automatically signed up for next year). There are five positions available now.
- Paid for 2011 Internet access at the Boomershoot site
- Configured the new Wi-Fi access point for the shooting line. Previous coverage was acceptable for laptops but many cell phones couldn’t get a connection so I’m adding another access point.
- Requested the sizes for Boomershoot staff t-shirts
- Purchased Yellow “Caution” Barricade Tape, 1000-Feet by 3-Inch
- Ordered Red “Danger” Barricade Tape, 1000-Feet by 3-Inch
- Ordered 1000 9” x 14” 1.5 mil Clear LDPE bags
- Ordered 1000 13” x 16” 1.5 mil Clear LDPE bags
- Ordered 1000 Fluorescent Green Circle Labels 3″ Diameter
- Ordered 1000 Fluorescent Red Circle Labels 3″ Diameter
- Ordered 1000 Fluorescent Pink Circle Labels 3″ Diameter
- Ordered 1000 Blue Circle Labels 3″ Diameter
- Ordered 100 48 oz. Rectangle Containers- Corn Compostable
- Ordered 600 32 oz. Rectangle Containers- Corn Compostable
- Ordered 900 8 oz. Rectangle Containers- Corn Compostable
- Ordered 1000′ Foot Black Parachute Cord Paracord Type III Military Specification 550
- Ordered 100 Dynarex Black Nitrile Exam Gloves, Heavy-Duty, Powder Free, (in sizes Small, Medium and Large)
This weekend I’m going to add some code to my Boomershoot management software to send email to people that have signed up for spectator announcements, order more staff t-shirts, compute the number of targets to be made, allocate targets to various target areas, and print the badges.
It seems like there was some other stuff too, but that is most of it. Ten days from now it gets really busy as many of those items and others are prepared for being reduced to their molecular components in rapidly expanding clouds of water vapor and CO2 amid yells of joy.
If you made it through all that boring stuff above here is a reward; Barron has been posting Boomershoot pictures every day on his blog: