The NRA perfectly epitomizes the paranoid and hate-filled mind-set of the Republican voting base.
The registration and tracking of firearms, which is so necessary for effective law enforcement and actually protects legitimate gun owners, is equated by the ultra-loons at the NRA with an utterly paranoid and wholly unsupported claim that “they are coming to take my guns away.”
Paranoid NRA thinking
July 11, 2009
[It sounds to me like Mr. Golonka has a little bit of hate going on there himself.
- Does he remember Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans? I do.
- Does he remember what happened in California? I do.
- Does he know what happened in New Zealand, Canada, U.K. and Australia? I do.
- Does he know what the Weapons Control Act of 1938 enabled? I do.
“Necessary for effective law enforcement”?
- Does he know how many crimes have been solved in Canada because of gun registration? I do (as of 2000 it was one).
- Does he know how many crimes have been solved in Hawaii because of gun registration? I do (as of 2000 police did not know of any).
- Does he know how effective the Nazi Police Battalions were in law enforcement because of gun registration? I do. Between July 1942 and November 1943 just one Battalion murdered an estimated 38,000 Jews. They lost only two of their own (read Hitlers Willing Executioners for the details).
Ignorance and bigotry is a terrible thing. Poor Mr. Golonka exhibits all the symptoms.–Joe]