Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.
A character in Time Enough for Love by Robert Heinlein
[When I started my QOTD thing my intention was to never repeat a quote. I’m making an exception this time because of this. It’s called Verizon Bad Math, but it’s not even math. It’s 4th grade arithmetic. Background is here. I didn’t read it all. It’s way, way too painful for me.
What’s your call?
- It is the public school system
- Verizon hires only arithmetically challenged people
- People in general are just mind boggling stupid
- Some people should not be allowed to breed
- Abortions should be available on a retroactive basis
Listen sometime when excess adrenaline won’t be a problem and you have your blood pressure meds handy.
Thanks (I think, I may not be able to sleep tonight) to Taqi for the pointer.–Joe]