In the past there has been some criticism of the NRA’s response to the current administration’s brief in the Heller case. Some thought it was a bit tepid. The latest alerts from the Apex of the Triangle of Death will quiet most critics. Here are some of the points they make:
- Contrary to DOJ’s suggestion, this case is not about felons or machine guns. (Let’s stay on topic, don’t confuse the issue, there is only one question being asked.)
- NRA strongly disagrees with many of the arguments in DOJ’s brief. (Same link as above.)
- In U.S. v. Cruikshank (1876), the Court said the right preexisted the Constitution. (Same link as above. The right is not granted by the 2nd Amendment and would still exist even if the 2nd Amendment were repealed.)
- Anti-gun criminologists James Alan Fox and David McDowell make the remarkable claims… (Same link as above. Mocking the enemies of freedom should be a pastime of everyone.)
- Obviously blinded by their own anti-gun bigotry and ignorance… (The anti-gun ADL brief is called bigoted. I love that this meme being used. I’ve been pushing it for a long time. I believe this meme will have to be used if we ever hope to drive the anti-gun forces into political extinction.)
This post was brought to you by a wheelbarrow full of cash from the Apex of the Triangle of Death.