Long story made long: As many of you know I wrote the exterior ballistics program Modern Ballistics. I had the free demo require a license to be updated once a month by contacting server which kept track of how many computers were using the demo. The user interface to the server had a limit of 100 computers using any copy of the software at a time. It turned out that more than 100 people were using the demo in a month and new users couldn’t test out the software. This happened just as I moved everything to a new computer and was in the middle of converting my code to use a new compiler. I had deleted the old compiler off the old computer and I had no way to fix the problem people were having. Last night (early this morning actually) I got the new build of the program tested. To get things out quicker I just made the demo not require connecting to the server at all. Then I had to update the installation process and test it. Then I had to update the website. I finished up about 0200 this morning. Download the latest version here.
Let me know if you run into any bugs. The testing was rather “thin”. In particular I am concerned about it working on various operating systems. I only tested it on Windows XP and XP-x64. I have a Win98 and Win95 available at home but I’m not home now. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice something broken. Thanks.