Michael Charles Williams
I received two calls from Michael Charles Williams today. I was driving to work the first time and couldn’t take notes but here is what I remember. Where I could I found news stories that relate to what he told me:
- Adams (the guy Williams shot three times) had a long rap sheet. His associates have criminal records too.
- Adams was partway into Williams truck through the window by the time the last shot was fired.
- Today the prosecuting attorney tried to get the blood alcohol content of Adams (0.327–legally drunk in Idaho is 0.08) ruled inadmissible in court. He failed.
- The ex-wife testimony was ruled inadmissible. The prosecutor was virtually begging for it to be admissible and said he would “go all the way to the Supreme court” to achieve that.
- There are no other witnesses that claim Williams “was looking for someone to kill.”
- Detectives didn’t try to get fingerprints or other evidence off of the truck.
- The first detective and Williams knew each other in high school 15 years prior and had a bad history between them.
- The first detective had a good relationship with Adams family.
- Williams had some handgun training in the military but no formal training on civilian self defense.
- The gun was a “brand new” Springfield 1911 style compact in .45 ACP with “self-defense ammo”.
- The prosecutor has a conceal weapons license.
- The prosecutor once shot at, in error, a plainclothes police officer.
- At my suggestion the defense attorney plans to call SAF.
- Williams thanked me profusely for “helping” (not sure I have actually done much).
- Williams said he sent a link to my previous blog posting to friends, family, and his private investigator. My log files have confirmation of such traffic.
- His sister is digging up more newspaper stories for me to put on the web and comment on.