It’s time for me to create the next Boomershoot t-shirt (and mugs, hats, thongs, etc.). If you have a slogan you think would especially appropriate let me know and if I use it I’ll give you a free shirt, mug, whatever with that slogan on it.
Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter as many times as you like. I will be the final judge on what is used. All whiners complaining about not winning will receive an ammonium nitrate prill as a consolation prize if they show up at Boomershoot 2006 to claim it (valued at $250/ton–one prill weighs approximately 1 grain). Boomershoot helpers, friends and family members are all welcome to submit entries. Deadline is December 15, 2005. Here are previous years slogans:
- 2001–THE BIG BANG!
- 2002–Guns. Explosives. I was there.
- 2003–Project Fireball 2003
- 2004–A ton of explosives. Fun beyond measure.
- 2005–Exercise your freedom with guns and explosives.
Update: The slogans proposed so far. I don’t want people entering duplicates:
- BANG — BOOM — COOL!
- A practical alternative to a wholesome day at work. [I think I would change this to “A wholesome alternative to a practical day at work.”–Joe]
- A magical land full of rifles and explosives.
- Good marksmanship has EXPLOSIVE rewards!
- WHOO-WEE! That blowed up REAL GOOD! [obscure SCTV reference]
- Take your shot from the Grassy Knoll. [get all sorts of Google traffic from JFK theorists.]
- The smell of cordite. The sound of thunder.
- Heads up! Here comes the anvil!
- Prometheus suffered so you could do stuff like this. Don’t be ungrateful.
- Welcome to Joe’s World!
- Freedom smells like gunpowder
- Feinstein’s worst nightmare: Families. Guns. Fun.
- Sight alignment, trigger squeeze, holy shit!
- Guns, Explosives, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- Blow Shiite up
- Reach Out And Blow Something Up
- This is my target. There are many like it. But this one explodes! [based on the Rifleman’s Creed]
- Peace Through Superior Marksmanship [I think I would change this to “Freedom Through Superior Marksmanship”–Joe]
- The blood of the enemy!
- Vini. Vidi. Boom. [I came. I saw. I blew stuff up.]
- Don’t know Jesus??? I’ll make ya Holey !!! Braaappp….
- Peace, Love, Explosives and Guns.
- Got boom?
- Got kaboom?
- If you don’t get it, then never mind.
- Life, liberty, and the pursuit of kaboom…
- I shit you not – we shoot bombs. [Hint to others. We NEVER use the ‘B’ word at Boomershoot.–Joe]
- We shoot bombs. [Ditto the previous comment.]
- Get a big BANG for your buck.