No one can tell me that I can and should use deadly force.
FBI sharpshooter testifying before congress in regards to the death of Vickie Weaver by FBI sharpshooter Lon Horiuchi.
Sept 14, 1995
[Horiuchi’s rules of engagement orders were “… can and should use deadly force against any armed adult…” Even if a surrender order had not been given.
Things to remember about the Weaver incident:
- It occurred during the presidency of George H. Bush before Clinton was elected.
- Horiuchi was a sniper who ‘saw action’ at Waco under the Clinton adminstration.
- ‘Management’ at Ruby Ridge (Weaver) gave illegal orders but neither they nor the people who followed those orders were given signficant punishment.
- Some of the same ‘management’ was at Waco.
- Neither political party has a monopoly on illegal and immoral acts and the people willing to execute those acts follow orders of anyone willing to give them.