Home life. James turns 21

Yesterday was a very long day for me.  I woke up at 3:30 but didn’t have to get up until 4:15 (Mountain Time) to catch the 6:00 AM flight out of Albuquerque.  Martin (co-worker from PNNL) and I had dinner and then talked for four hours the night before so I didn’t get much sleep that night.  Then the airport security was all screwed up (they should just get rid of passenger screening) and no one but law enforcement and TSA was allowed in the ‘sterile’ area (gate area) of the airport when I arrived.  Even flight crews had to wait while the dogs and people searched the area.  Some TSA person had left a door unlocked Friday night and they had to search for people, explosives, and weapons.  Our plane left the gate about 40 minutes late, and touched down in Salt Lake City just as our connecting flight to Pasco was scheduled to leave the gate.  They didn’t hold it for us and we sat in the terminal for over three hours for the next flight.  Not as bad as it could have been, but it took another hunk out of my precious weekend time at home.  By the time I drove home it was after 15:00.

Barb, Xenia, and I picked up James about 16:30 to go to dinner and a movie in Pullman.  While waiting for our food to arrive he realized he had forgotten to sign up for classes the night before.  He barely had an appetite.  He was very concerned he wouldn’t be able to get some of the classes he wanted.  After dinner we did some war driving for a bit but didn’t find anything open and finally went home to get Internet access.  James signed up for classes and things looked good for the most part. He didn’t get one instructor he wanted but everything else looked good.  We had cake and icecream and James opened his presents.  Then we went to see Sahara since we had missed the start of Phantom of the Opera. I liked the movie. It stretched your credibility a bit much in places but it was okay.

Happy 21st birthday James.

I didn’t get to bed until 23:00 or so (Pacific Time) but I slept well and didn’t get up until after 9:00 this morning.  I feel so much better now.


1 thought on “Home life. James turns 21

Comments are closed.