Ry, Paul, and I went out on site today. Found out the new cardboard ends for the targets are so tough they slow down the .22 LR bullets enough that it won’t detonate with them. It’s not a problem with our mix. This is very good news. The bullets used by shooters are much heavier than the .22 LR bullets and shouldn’t loose near as much velocity when going through the target bodies. The fireballs still didn’t work for some reason, but we can cheat with cans of sterno for the few fireballs we need to do. We used a blender to grind the ammonium nitrate and it does it faster than the coffee grinders.
Lots and lots of targets to build tomorrow. But with three blenders I think we can crank the product out fairly fast.
I’m looking forward to it!